Thursday, March 8, 2012

LIFE SKILLS EDUCATION

Our Keats Students are the happy beneficiary of courses in “LIFE SKILLS EDUCATION”. These courses are conducted once a week during 2 consecutive periods on Mondays by a resource person from the Ministry of Youth and Sports. The course objective is equipping young people with information and skills to face the challenges of daily living. The modules are as follows:
• Self-esteem – knowing who I am and liking myself
• Values – What is important to me and to others?
• Stereotypes – Is my life already planned?
• Goal Setting – What do I want to accomplish?
• Decision-making – How do I weigh up and deal with my options?
• Parenthood – Am I ready?
• Sexuality – How does it affect my relationships and responsibilities?
• Risks – Protecting myself from HIV, AIDS and substance abuse
• Communication – How can I express my feelings and emotions to others?

1 comment:

  1. A big BRAVO to the administrator of this blog. Thank you for keeping us informed of what's going on at our school.

    Swadick

    ReplyDelete